The Taxi and Limousine Commission (TLC) publishes lists of its current licensees to the TLC website Monday – Friday. These lists provide a snapshot of the licensees that are current and allowed to provide the services regulated by the TLC at the time they are generated. The current licensee lists can be found at: Current Licensees Page.
Starting today, May 31, 2013, TLC will also provide links on its website that will allow you to access some of the information currently provided on the TLC’s website using a new data interface called the NYC OpenData Mine. The four lists shown below are now available on NYC OpenData Mine and will continue to be posted to the TLC’s website until Tuesday June 18, 2013.
Beginning on Tuesday, June 18, these four lists will no longer be made available on the TLC’s website on our current licensee page. After this date you will need to use the NYC OpenData Mine to access this information. Instructions and information about how to access and use the NYC OpenData Mine can be found on TLC’s website at the following link: http://www.nyc.gov/html/tlc/html/industry/current_licensees_opendata.shtml.
Lists being transitioned to NYC OpenData Mine at this time:
- Current Medallion Drivers - sorted by TLC License Number will be replaced by Medallion Drivers - Active: https://data.cityofnewyork.us/Transportation/Medallion-Drivers-Active/n776-dsqy
- Current Medallion Drivers who have completed Passenger Assistance Training - sorted by TLC License Number will be replaced by Medallion Drivers - Trained: https://data.cityofnewyork.us/Transportation/Medallion-Drivers-Trained/td5q-ry6d
- Current Medallions - sorted by TLC Medallion Number will be replaced by either Medallion Vehicles - Authorized: https://data.cityofnewyork.us/Transportation/Medallion-Vehicles-Authorized/rhe8-mgbb or Medallion Vehicles - Suspended: https://data.cityofnewyork.us/Transportation/Medallion-Vehicles-Suspended/jgtb-hmpg, which can be used in separately or together.
The TLC urges all users of these licensee lists to start utilizing the lists available through the NYC OpenData Mine immediately as there are a number of benefits:
- Updates to the current licensee lists are published six days a week (Monday – Saturday) on OpenData instead of only five days a week (Monday – Friday).
- OpenData contains historical information.
- OpenData makes available an application programming interface (API) for users that want to set up automated processing.
- OpenData allows users to download and access the current licensees in a variety of formats and views.
Click here to visit Taxi and Limousine Commission (TLC) for further information.
If you have a website or are developing websites for your clients, please somehow link to taxisocial.net to help us. We need more traffic, so please help us help you. Find an article which you have found useful and link to it from your website(s). Even if your site is small or generates little traffic, please do this, it will help us and allow us to keep giving informations to the Web taxi drivers community.